Sexual Assault and/or Domestic Violence
If you are in need of local sexual assault crisis services for yourself or someone you know, please visit the webpage of the Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault (IowaCASA). If you are in need of domestic abuse support services for yourself or someone you know, please visit the webpage of the Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ICADV).
24-hour statewide Iowa Victim Service Call Center for gender-based violence: 1-800-770-1650 or text "iowahelp" to 20121.
The National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) works to improve the national response to protect victims of human trafficking in the United States. Contact the NHTRC to report a tip; to connect with anti-trafficking resources in your area; or to request training and technical assistance, general information or specific anti-trafficking resources.
If you are a survivor of human trafficking and need immediate help or if you suspect a potential trafficking situation, call your local law enforcement and the NHTRC hotline at 1-888-373-7888 now or text BeFree (233733).
24-Hour national human trafficking hotline: 1-888-373-7888.
See below for a running list of Iowa-based organizations dedicated to raising human trafficking awareness and victim outreach/advocacy in Iowa:
- Domestic Violence: National Domestic Violence Hotline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Sexual Abuse: Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN), 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Suicide: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Dating Violence: National Dating Abuse Helpline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-866-331-9474
- Runaway and Homeless Youth: National Runaway Safeline, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)
- Missing Children and Child Pornography: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 24 hour Hotline: 1-800-THE-LOST (843-5678)