What Laws Require an Interpreter?
- Providing Interpreters in a Legal Proceeding and at Time of Arrest (Iowa Code Chapter 622B & Chapter 804.31)
- Download PDF
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Iowa Bureau of Professional Licensure: Laws and Rules
What Credentials Must an Interpreter Have?
For working in a legal setting: Iowa State Requirements
Interpreter Setting: http://www.iowacourts.gov/administration/directories/ADA_Access/
Licensed by the State of Iowa: Iowa Department of Public Health Licensure
- Certified Deaf Interpreter
- Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment
- Iowa Board of Sign Language Interpreters & Transliterators
Samples of licenses, certification, and membership cards: Download PDF.