Official State of Iowa Website Here is how you know
Iowa Department of Human Rights

Weatherization Members Only ~ Licensing Requirements

To return to the Weatherization Members Only homepage, click here.

Iowa law requires that contractors and sub-contractors performing certain services, such as heating system work, water heater work, and electrical hook-ups and repairs, are licensed.


The Iowa Department of Public Safety oversees work requiring an electrical license.

Plumbing & Mechanical

The Iowa Department of Public Health oversees work requiring a Plumbing & Mechanical license. A search for licensed individuals can be conducted by visiting the Plumbers & Mechanical Board search engine.

For quick reference, see the Licensing Requirements Chart