Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Funding Summary
The State of Iowa has received over $2.5 million in federal and other non-state funds to support its criminal justice information systems integration initiative. These funds have been used for a variety of CJIS activities including planning, research, pilot projects, and small-scale implementations. The source of these funds include:
- The Edward Byrne Memorial State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance Formula Grant Program (Byrne Grants)
- The National Governor's Association (NGA)
- The National Criminal History Improvement Program (NCHIP)
- The Iowa Return on Investment Program (ROI)
- The Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Program (LETPP)
Additionally, the Iowa Legislature has appropriated over $7 million to fully implement CJIS in the State of Iowa. These funds were used for the purchase, installation, and programming of all related hardware and software.