Iowa Commission of Latino Affairs
Like all statewide boards and commissions, the Latino Affairs Commission is balanced for gender and political affiliation and it’s made up of seven Governor-appointed community members who volunteer their time to represent the Latino community in Iowa.
According to Iowa Section Code 216A.15, the Iowa Commission of Latino Affairs has the following duties:
1. Study the opportunities for and changing needs of the Latino population of this state.
2. Serve as liaison between the office and the public, sharing information and gathering constituency input.
3. Recommend to the board for adoption rules pursuant to chapter 17A as it deems necessary for the commission and office.
4. Recommend to the department director policies and programs for the office.
5. Establish advisory committees, work groups, or other coalitions as appropriate.
Meet the Commissioners
If you are interested in serving on the commission, go to https://openup.iowa.gov/ to learn more about the application process.
Previous Meetings & Events
Call in information
Conference code: 515 242 6171
The Commission of Latino Affairs will meet to review the legislative process, discuss priorities... Read More