The commission of deaf services is established, and shall consist of seven voting members appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation by the senate pursuant to section 2.32. Membership of the commission shall include at least four members who are deaf and who cannot hear human speech with or without use of amplification and at least one member who is hard of hearing. All members shall reside in Iowa.
- Study the changing needs and opportunities for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.
- Serve as a liaison between the office and the public, sharing information and gathering constituency input.
- Recommend to the board for adoption rules pursuant to chapter 17A as it deems necessary for the commission and office.
- Recommend legislative and executive action to the governor and general assembly.
- Establish advisory committees, work groups, or other coalitions as appropriate.
Notice of Commission meetings will be posted 24 hours prior to meeting time on Deaf Services website and at 321 E. 12th Street, Lucas State Office Building, Des Moines, IA in compliance with open meeting laws, Chapter 21.
Previous Meetings & Events
IOWA BOARD OF SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS AND TRASLITERATORS
MONDAY... Read More